Previous < Exposure
Your first step as a seller should be to:
- select an agent
- get a market analysis on your home
These can be done simultaneously, as you invite several agents to your home to do an interview, during which they will also present their listing presentation, including their market analysis of your home and strategy for selling your home.
The Listing Presentation
Most listing presentations follow the same order:
1. Agent arrives at your home
2. Exchange pleasantries and get to know one another
3. Take the agent on a tour of your home so they can compare it to similar homes that sold in the neighborhood, and also spot things they recommend getting fixed to get top dollar on the market
4. Sit down with the agent to discuss your circumstances and what you are trying to achieve (why you’re selling, what you still owe on your mortgage
5. Receive the agent’s estimated fair market value for your home (See the section of the guide on Price for how I recommend pricing your home)
6. Discuss the agent’s strengths and strategies for selling your home
7. After you’ve interviewed the agents you are going to talk to, decide on one and let them know you’re ready to get your home listed!
Next > Do You Need a Realtor?